Transworld Construction is currently looking to fill an Assistant Superintendent Position.
The Assistant Superintendent coordinates field operations for specific areas and/or specific self-performed and subcontracted trades on a project. Assistant Superintendents ensure that construction work is completed according to a project’s planned sequence and schedule, and implement and enforce pertinent safety and quality control procedures.
• Supervise and coordinate installation of work in accordance with the contract documents, project schedule and the planned sequence of work. Be aware of project milestone dates and the requirements to achieve them.
• Have thorough knowledge of the Contract Documents and the scope of work for the specific area(s) or trade(s) assigned.
• Develop an understanding of the duration of each activity.
• Apply knowledge of equipment capability and develop plans for optimum utilization.
• Know the scheduled delivery dates for all material and equipment that have a direct effect on the area(s)/trade(s) assigned.
• Supervise field work force to assure that all work is put in place in the most cost effective manner. Know the budgets for work that is being supervised. Determine causes and develop remedies when costs are not in line with budget, estimate, and/or reasonable expectations.
• Implement the safety program. Conduct regular, scheduled and unscheduled, safety inspections to assure all working conditions and work habits are in compliance with company and government standards. Take remedial action when required. Establish a procedure for hazard recognition at the beginning of every new activity. Be thoroughly knowledgeable of all of the company's safety standards, manuals, and procedures.
• Maintain good working relationships with subcontractors and suppliers.
• Undergraduate degree in engineering, architecture, construction management or a related discipline
• 3 to 6 years of construction management experience in a field supervisory role.
• Demonstrated ability to direct the work of others including subcontractors and suppliers
• Working knowledge of the construction process including scheduling, contract administration, equipment, manpower, etc.
• Well versed in safety and government regulations (eg ,OSHA) with success in implementation on a job site.
Please complete below if interested in applying.
For subject please write: Assistant Superintendent.